Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Ugly Cry

So, we've been back home for a week now.  It's been a challenging week.  I have had emotions from extreme amazement of how HE chose to work in a most unusual scenario on Sunday morning to extreme frustration that resulted (more than once!) in tears.  The kind of tears hat we all know as the ugly cry.  The kind of cry that feels totally out of your control, but feels so good when you get it out of your system.  Do you know the cry?  Yep, I thought so!  My poor family....they've been so patient with me and have taken good care of me.  I wish I could say my mind has been totally upbeat and "giving thanks in all circumstances", but it hasn't (at least not at all times).  I guess that makes me human, huh?  So does that scripture mean give thanks 24/7 or does it mean give thanks in whatever situation arises  (but you're bound to be human and feel human responses within "the situation".  I am thankful for MANY things that are happening as a result of "this" situation.  Again, my analytical mind at work-sorry!

I've received several emails asking how I'm physically doing so I thought I'd share my symptoms. I'm going to the doctor again tomorrow- not back to Bangkok, just the local clinic.  I can't seem to shake my ears from hurting.  It feels like I'm losing hearing in my right ear.  My ears continue to itch (the Bangkok docs seem to think it's from my rash on my chest -that hasn't gone away-and it just moved into my ears) and my throat is still not back to normal. My muscular pain level is quite intense- unbearable at times (hence the ugly cry).  It hurts to walk up 4 steps into our loft (living room).  Many times David has to pull me up to get out of the chair/bed.  The ache in my upper back/shoulders has decreased, but the pain is more intense now in my arms and hands (and continues in my quads).  I can't really make a fist without pain (not that I'm going to punch anyone out or anything!).  I developed other weird symptoms while in Bangkok- hard and purplish cuticles on each fingernail- and that hasn't improved either.  It hurts to type for very long and that's why I haven't blogged in about a week.  I think the only part of my body that hasn't been affected are my calves so I'm grateful for that.

On top of all the health issues I'm  TRYING to keep the girls on track with school plus making decisions on school curriculum form next year...oh joy.  It's a tad difficult to decide on all that via the internet.  David will be flying back to the states at the end of the month and I've got a list about 5 miles long of thing that need to return with him (and that list keeps growing!).

Many, many thanks to those here who have offered to bring over meals, take the girls off my hands, send me emails(or songs!) of encouragement, and pray for me.  I feel kinda like a lump on a log right now as I'm temporarily disabled.  Hopefully, it's temporary.
I forgot to upload this pic when we were in Bangkok.  You don't see nurses wearing this kind of uniform much anymore.  In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a nurse wear this except in pictures.
This has nothing to do with this post other than it makes me happy because it's pretty.
This also makes me very happy....and I had one today- the most amazing chocolate tart!  It has just a little bit of coconut at the bottom- yummo!

This makes me even more happy...two sweet angels who fell slseep in our "crib" (that's what we call the 2 chairs when we squish them together).
Again, this has nothing to do with this post other than these 2 girlies make me happy....the towel elephant made us smile, too.
 So, I'm trying to "give thanks"....    : )

1 comment:

momma-nance said...

Christa what a story you are going to have to tell when this is all over, hopefully it'll be an experience that you can one day look back at and say "ah, there was purpose in all that pain". I've not done that ugly cry in a while but I think I may be overdue for one. It hurts my heart to hear about how hard life is for you right now. I pray that relief comes quickly and powerfully. I hope you got my email with the suggestion about hiring Susan's house helper. It seems like you could use one right now, like your whole family would benefit from that. I'm sorry I've not been able to be one of the ones going over to help you but you are on my mind alot which translates into in my prayers alot.