Friday, April 22, 2011

Room with a view

Well, like I said yesterday..."Joy comes in the morning" (or it was actually this afternoon!)!  I had a MRI of my head this morning, and it was clear...PTL!!!!  What a peace of mind that swept over me when I read "no abnormal findings" (David may disagree...hee hee!)...cannot begin to tell you!  I've got the apartment to myself again right now, and I must say I feel a weeeeee bit better.  A little stronger.  A lot relieved with MRI result.

This was my "room with a view" coming/going to the "MRI place".  WOW...THAT was experience!  An incredible modern piece of medical equipment in a...let's say flash back in time setting.   I was transported via ambulance (sirens and ALL).  If you didn't have a headache before the ride, you did 2 minutes into the ride!  I had to chuckle with David as I lay on the gurney in a foreign country, listening to the howling siren, looking outside in the reflection of the medical cabinet, listening to the nurse and driver talk, and trying to brace my body as I know we were darting chickens, motor bikes and who knows what else in the busy streets.  Good thing I wasn't bleeding to death because it was a mighty slow drive in an "emergency" vehicle....just sayin'.   
parking...pull right up.
all warning signs on door were in different languages...not in english and not in even this country's language (???)

I know you're thinking why would I take a picture in the ambulance, but I just had to....it was QUITE a memory.  One that I told David that I was actually quite grateful for (in a funny little way!).

So, when I was returned to the clinic I was able to meet with the doctor who has been seeing me in the absence of Dr. Nathalie.  We retested my CPK and other numbers and discussed our options.  CPK continues to decrease.  We're at 4160 today....yeah!!!  So....asking for wisdom/discernment about hospitalization even though my numbers are doming down.  Praise:  Rachel has agreed to postpone her flight back home a few days in order to help us here.  YOU rock, Rachel...words cannot express our gratitude!!!!  I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with you this week.  My girls love you, and you have made SUCH an impact in their lives (mine as well) this week!

No comments: