Friday, April 29, 2011

quick update...

It was another long day, but it was better than yesterday.   PTL I got some sleep last night! I was pretty loopy in the head until after lunch time due to the goooooood stuff given to me last night.  My chest pain diminished and so did my headache.  My MRI, EMG (Electromography) and NCV (Nerve Conductive Velocity...aka NEEDLES into my muscles) tests showed muscle inflammation.  The neurologist ruled out any neuro issues. I had the skin biopsy....results won't be back until next week.

Dr. S just left my room about a couple of hours ago and is trying to get the muscle biopsy scheduled for tomorrow.  This is the only definitive way to diagnose this disease. Technically, it is "surgery" and they'll put me to sleep.   Based on this result he'll determine what meds and how long.  He'll probably start the IV steroids on Sunday.  He's a good doctor.  He's personally spoken with each and everyone else who have tested me while in the hospital, and he wants to be very thorough in the diagnosis.  That gives me peace of mind.

I'm such a mix of emotions.  I'm so thankful for all the test, all the doctors, all the everything.  On the other hand, my heart sinks when I hear him say it's probably going to take 2 years to get on top of my game again and you don't need to do rigorous exercise (well, that doesn't make me sad...hee hee), and be careful in the sun....uggh.  The doctor who did the EMG and CNV is recommending some physical therapy, but not right now....it would be too painful at this time.  I'll have to readjust to another new normal.  To hear my sweet AA pray, "Please, God, help mommy feel better,  Thank you for Rachel being here.  God,  please help mommy feel better" just makes my heart swell.
Our new friends, Scott and Christine, who dropped in yesterday!!!!

watching the Royal Wedding...

while David.....


Signing off~

1 comment:

Christine said...

that's actually not a bad picture of us all! It was SO great to meet you and get to know your precious family... can't wait to see you next time, hopefully when you have no IV's!