Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm encouraged!

I do believe HE gave me the answer to my prayer yesterday...a GLIMMER of pain relief today!!!!  PTL...truly!!!!  I just wanted you all to know HE is faithful and I KNOW HE will heal!  I was able to walk outside today 2 different times- only about 30 feet because I didn't want to push it, but the sunshine came out for just a weeeeee bit and I had to get a little bit of vitamin D (yes, mom and dad...I was wearing my hat!).  I have been able to sit up more today without having my head propped up with a pillow.  Now, I have to learn to find a balance with my obsession sunshine and my new "situation" that doesn't allow me to soak up a lot of it due to the nature of the disease...oh, help me!

David went on a little shopping spree today.  I had a really rough night last night because our bed is so uncomfortable.  We've searched and searched for some type of egg-crate thing-ma-jig for our bed since it's like sleeping on hardwood floors. It is no easy task to find items like that here.  David did hunt down a 2 inch piece of foam, but when we put it on the bed ...let's just say that it looked better than it felt.   So...I told my two favorite little monkeys to go jump on the bed to "work out" some of the stiffness!  Well, actually, we took it off the bed and placed it on the floor so the monkeys wouldn't break the bed.  He also bought a hand held food processor today.  If you know David, you know why---SALSA making!  He made his first batch since we've been here.  We're now looking for an IV bag to start our necessary drip : )

Our Father knows exactly what we're going through and when it seems we can't bare much more at the moment.  It's no coincidence that I received such encouragement from family and friends via email, private messages and some awesome songs that filled my heart and mind today.   Two ladies who live in two different countries sent me a link to the same song today.  They obviously had no idea the other was sending this song.   This song is what they both shared...what a blessing!  Thank you, Mary and Nancy.  I think I might be sharing a lot more songs.  That is just one of the many ways He encourages me- especially in dark times.  My mom sent me the following passages today as well...guess what?? SING praises!  Ps 135:3  "Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; Sing praises to His name, for it is pleasant."  Ps 149:1  "Praise the Lord.  Sing to the Lord a new song."


My ear has filled back up, my throat still hurts, and I'm still weak and in pain today, but I REJOICE in the GLIMMER I was given!!!!
In awe of the One who created this cares about my "glimmer".

Also, I am extremely thankful (and a little jealous!) that this is my hubby's view from his office!

No comments: