Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pineapple Party

I had another sleepless night last night.  I woke up David about 1:00 am with a very weak voice saying, "Something is just wrong.  I'm scared.  I know I'll be okay, but I think we may need to go to the hospital...or something."  My muscles were just on fire.  I felt like Mrs. Incredible Hulk, and my muscles were just trying to pop out of my skin.  My body was so tired but just didn't have the ability to sleep.  I got up and David said, "Where ya going?"  I said, "I'm going to eat pineapple and lots of it!!"  He followed me to our loft and cut me up some nice, fresh pineapple.  We had spent the past few hours reading on the internet about different foods that can relieve and can cause inflammation.  Pineapple is suppose to help...so I was going to eat me some pineapple!  Who knows, honestly.  I've almost been paranoid about anything I stick in my mouth to eat.  Everyone has a different opinion of what's good, bad, and ugly for you...I'm starting to get confused and frustrated.  Two days ago (the night after I had seen a very slight improvement) when I started heading back downhill someone emailed and to stay away from tomatoes...they cause inflammation. Well, guess what???  That was the night I gorged myself with David's homemade salsa.  Seriously???  Maybe it was the cause, maybe not.

The following ecard was sent to me this morning.  Kinda funny that some of the following were the things we were talking and praying through at 1:30 this morning prior to opening the email...during our Pineapple Party.

"Difficult things can cause us to ask,
"Why did this happen?"
But if we're trusting in Christ we never need to ask,
"How could He let this happen?"
God may never reveal all His reasons to us
But He has revealed His character to us. 
His character assures us that He never makes mistakes,
is never uncaring, and that He never separates Himself from our need.
The need you face is great, but the grace that is yours in Chirst is even greater.
May your heart and your faith stay fixed upon Him as you go through this difficulty.
Be assured that He is holding your hand and will not let go."

I went back to the clinic to get my blood levels checked again this afternoon.  Amazingly enough my CPK has decreased almost 2100 points...now it's down to  5770.  David and I were SHOCKED.  Based on the way I was feeling (significantly worse the past two days) I was expecting to hear they were in the 8000-10000 range.  Not so and PTL!!!  The doctor said since the CPK is still out of the ballpark high I can't exactly correlate the way I'm feeling quite yet.  I think my case pretty much baffled him and my wonderful Dr. Nathalie is on holiday right now.  His recommendation was to return to Bangkok.  I'm not ready to do that quite yet.  I still need some more answers from here and consults there before I commit to that kind of trip again.  I would a VERY difficult trip on me at this point.

Praises:
*I received all test results back today from Bangkok and all came back negative to some other serious diseases!
*I was able to ride the motorbike to clinic (with some sunshine and wind on my face!) then have a lunch date with AA and David while Abigail had a playdate with Brittany!
* Doreen brought our dinner!
*Right now...my neck is stronger and am able to hold it up!

Requests for my night:
Hebrews 4:16 says, "Let us therefore come BOLDLY to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." 
*that my sleep would be sweet ("When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet." Prov. 3:24)
* that my right ear will pop open and my throat will stop hurting
*that wisdom would be given to all involved in my case ("for the Lord gives wisdom." Prov. 2:6)
*that He would strengthen and encourage my sweet husband.  He's carrying a big responsibility (Mr. Mom, Employee, Teacher, Husband, Grocery Shopper, Meal Maker AND he's supposed to fly back to the states for a checkride...accompanied by this country's equivalent of the FAA- no pressure!)
*that our girls would remain secure, patient, well
*that He would continue to reveal Himself to us
Looking through these pics today.  This was on our vacation in Phu Quoc...I think where this lovely disease was kicked off- or at least my first symptoms began.  It was paradise though!

No comments: